Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Assignment 5

Given a Chance to have Your Own Techno Business, Discuss it's nature and target clients (3000 words).

        If i would given a chance to do my own techno business, i would prefer to create a tutorial business. My goal is not only to earn money but also to help people to learn. It could be a programming tutorial, multimedia design tutorial or software installation tutorial. Since i love to do programs, and i already have great experience in installing some useful programs, and i also love to draw and make my own designs. It would give me an advantage to be successful in my business plans.Its my happiness to share to others what I have learned during my studies at school.

I. Nature of my business - Starting and operating my tutorial business would be surprisingly similar to operating any other business. Its nature has a good business practices, like building the confidence of customers through truthful tutorial advertising, providing tutorials and services at a fair price, and developing long-term business relationships, are as applicable to Internet businesses as they are to any other businesses.

Having said that, there are some important differences related to some other techno businesses.


1. Low Start-up Costs - When I have came-up about my tutorial business, I can do so with as little as a few hundred dollars and a good idea. However, I don't want to be misled into believing that the Internet is an arena for instant riches with little or no effort. Nothing could be further from the truth. Like any business, it takes creativity, planning, money and hard work to be successful. Starting at a low cost is my first step to catch so many fishes. I would take the risk than to start it with an unfriendly business strategy.

2. Multiple Skill Requirements - Suddenly it's not enough to simply have a good product or service. To use the Internet effectively, I need to have or be able to acquire skills in graphic design, web server technology, programming, and a brand new marketing medium, not to mention skills needed in multi-lingual translations, international accounting and legal issues. Fortunately, it is not necessary for me to have all this knowledge by myself. With the right combination of strategic partners and associates, all of these skills could easily found, if I know where to look. That's where I come in! I can get in touch with all the professionals that I need to accomplish these task. I know that if i want to be successful with my business, I really need some help from the experts and professionals. Business is all about teamwork after all.

3. Endless Marketing Possibilities - The opportunities and ease of fostering strategic alliances to bolster marketing efforts is unsurpassed on the Internet. The reason we see so many cooperative relationships between companies online is that doing so has become so simple and so profitable. The advertising industry has found itself with many more possibilities as well as significantly more competition. There are so many business competitor. Since I already have experience about blogging and site linking. It would also be an advantage for me since i have my own personal computer with an internet access. The more I exposed my business through the internet the more customers I could attract. There is no formula for an effective Internet marketing strategy. It depends on my individual situation. If I could realize my strengths and weaknesses, I’ll be able to come up with a great marketing plan. No matter if I am thinking about Ad-sense site, affiliate site or my own product. When I find out what I can able to accomplish with my resources at the moment, I can create a great web marketing strategy for my tutorial online business and finally breakthrough on the internet.

4. Easily Traceable Results - Another byproduct of business on the internet is that tracking potential customers as a group and visitor preferences is an ordinary part of business on the Internet.

5. International Audience - Even if I do not think of my business as an international business, I must recognize that my visitors are likely to be from all over the world. I should consider whether or not that I am prepared for international shipping and other transactions with countries other than my own. I should also strongly consider having my website translated onto languages other than English. The percentage of non-US businesses on the Internet has risen dramatically in just the past year!

I would create a website wherein the visitor must sign up first before he or she can get access with my business services. There are two choices to get access with my business services. Its either the client choose the free tutorial or the professional tutorial. Of course in the free tutorial the tutorials are not really in detailed concept. In contrary with the professional tutorial wherein all tutorial are precise and in a more detailed manner. The free tutorials are just only the appetizer of my business.

There are several ways in improving my business. More importantly is to upgrade the nature of my business online marketing. So what really is the nature of an online marketing?

According to my reference, since the arrival of the internet, the face of the marketing and advertising business has dramatically changed. The internet has provided an infinitely wide advertisement board where companies all over the world can post their information, product catalog and brochures. With the increasing number of products and services, internet marketing online business has become a growing industry with fair chances of good profit.

Internet marketing, also called e-marketing or online marketing, is the marketing and advertising of products and services on the internet. The definition of what it is depends on because there are several jobs within the field. For example, the owners of a manufacturing company may develop a website that advertises their own products. Some advertisers can be hired to provide ways on increasing the popularity of specific products and services. There are internet marketing groups and firms that work by optimizing website content. Some websites earn by advertising other websites.

There are several forms of marketing that utilize the web. One is e-mail marketing that is the direct sending e-mails from the company to the customers. The e-mails contain new offers and products, updates and promos. However, the biggest deal of e-marketing is focused on website development.

The primary tool and object of internet marketing online is the website. A good website displays the image the company wants to show to the public and the message they want to convey. Its web pages must be easy to navigate through and they must completely show the products and services offered by the company. If the site wants the viewers to be directed to other web pages, their links must be visible and placed at strategic spots. Most importantly, for a website to be effective, it needs people to see its content- the internet traffic. Internet traffic is the subject of competition among all the websites.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a very popular internet marketing strategy. SEO explores the more technical aspects of web page design. It is the arrangement of website content and coding so that it will receive high rank positions when displayed by search engines. Referrals of search engines through SEO are free. To contrast, back then, companies simply pay search engines to include them in the search results but they are not guaranteed of high ranks. There are several firms that offer SEO services for other companies.

Other models of e-marketing include blogging, articles and review writing, and pay per click (PPC). There are sites that host blogs for free so many online marketers, many of those just at home, make use of them to advertise products. Many also post their product reviews on blogs, including referral links. In the PPC system, a company hires several sites to host their links in forms of text or images. The hired sites are paid every time the links are visited by surfers. As a summary, all these methods work if the hosting website receives a good amount of visitors.

Internet marketing is practically a web with interdependent sectors, providing equal number of job opportunities- even to those at the comfort of their own home. That makes the internet marketing online business to continue to be a source of good income despite the tough competition. Experience, knowledge and creativity are required to succeed in this field.

For many of us, finding the time and commitment to develop an Internet marketing strategy is difficult. There are so many other obligations vying for our attention it is tempting to push strategies to the back burner. Giving into that temptation, however, means putting your business at a disadvantage.

This is because an overall marketing strategy is the compass by which you navigate. As opportunities arise or your business environment changes, the objective and marketing strategies in your plan will point you toward the best action. Without a strategic plan, you risk becoming unfocused in your marketing efforts, resulting in guesses about what might be best for your business.

To be most effective, your Website (as well as other) marketing strategies should be a part of your overall business marketing plan. By aligning online marketing with your offline efforts, you can better achieve overall company objectives. Additionally, you will present a consistent style and message across all points of contact with your target audience.

Your strategic focus will in part be determined by your site's status. If you already have a site in place, your plan can focus strictly on marketing issues. In other words, how to most effectively market using your existing site.

If you have a site that needs improvement, however, your marketing efforts will be more effective if you incorporate Website enhancements in with your strategies.

Finally, if you do not yet have a site, you can create one as you develop a marketing strategy, with your plan focused on launching the site. In any case, remember that your objective, strategies, and tactics will change over time as your situation and focus change.
Parts of a Marketing Plan

A strategic Website marketing plan is similar to a strategic business marketing plan, but with a narrower focus (i.e. the Website plan focuses on Internet marketing strategy and programs while the overall marketing plan encompasses the entire business).
As with any marketing plan, the online plan includes developing strategies and tactics (also called action plans) that, when implemented, will help you reach your marketing goals. An objective, strategy, and tactic are each progressively narrower in scope:

The objective addresses the “big picture”. In general terms, your objective answers the question “How will I overcome my main marketing challenge(s)?” If your company’s main site-related challenge is figuring out how to use your Website to help build client business, for example, an objective for your online marketing plan could be “To enhance online client service as well as build site awareness and interest with clients.”

A marketing strategy supports your objective. The strategy defines general approaches you will take to meet your objective. For example, strategies to support the above objective could include 1) improve online communication, information, and education, 2) build awareness of and interest in your company on the Internet, and 3) communicate the Website’s existence and advantages to existing clients.

A marketing tactic is where the action takes place. Also called marketing programs or action plans, they are the things you will do to bring each marketing strategy to life. Tactics for strategy 2 in the above example (improve online communication, information, and education) could include 1) sharing experience and observations in your industry through participation in discussion boards, 2) offering an email newsletter, and 3) listing/submitting your site to targeted search engines and directories.

By implementing marketing programs that are consistent with your site objectives and marketing strategies you improve your chance of business success.

II - My Target Clients - Starting a business without a client is a meaningless type of a business. One should know the nature of its business to set who could be its target customers. I know I am still a student and I don't really have any idea how to set this business into a precise one. Since my business is a tutorial business, my target customers would be:

1. Information Technology and Computer Science students.
2. Any computer related course customers who are willing to learn.
3. Programmers
4. Home-based Customers.
5. Web designers.

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Nature-of-the-Internet-Marketing-Online-Business&id=3719489
http://www.websitemarketingplan.com/marketing_management/MarketingPlanningArticle.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment